Resources

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Fire weather on Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Near-critical to critical fire weather conditions will set up over much of western SD tomorrow, November 18, 2020. 

A potentially strong downslope wind event is expected overnight tonight over the central, northern, and northeastern Black Hills. Southwest winds may gust into the 30-50 mph range as a very strong pressure gradient sets up over the Hills. These winds will also keep temperatures elevated and humidity low throughout the night, potentially "priming" the fuels for tomorrow. 

Wednesday will bring temperatures that are well-above average, minimum RH near critical thresholds, and gusty west-southwest winds to western SD. The strongest winds will be along and south of the I-90 corridor, west of the Missouri River. 




Fuels are completely cured and available to burn. As such, the projected Grassland Fire Danger Index map for tomorrow shows elevated fire danger across the affected areas. 

Keep your situational awareness up and be ready for the elevated fire danger tomorrow. 


1 comment:

  1. If I can write like you, then I would be very happy, but where is my luck like this, really people like you are an example for the world. You have written this comment with great beauty, I am really glad I thank you from my heart.

    ReplyDelete